CSA has confirmed that our Community’s buildings are under surveillance and being profiled. We are certain a database of targets has been compiled to include our Community’s buildings. The very idea that there might be an active shooter in one of our synagogues or community buildings is frightening.
- 486 People Killed and 557 wounded, in 160 Active Shooter Incidents in the USA between 2000~2013.
- Most active shooters kill most of their victims in 10 minutes or less.
- 67% of active shooter attacks are over before the police arrive.
- The fastest response time from law enforcement is 5-7 minutes.
- The best option for saving lives before police can get there is to take the gunman down.
- Ignoring the threat and not preparing is no longer an option.
- Running and hiding is an old irrelevant philosophy. Police now advise that attacking the attackers is more effective and will save lives.
- New York Police Department is retraining all 35,000 officers on how to deal with active shooters.
Source: US Dept of Justice- FBI Report of Active Shooter Incidents Between 2000 and 2013